If you love travelling and exploring the world but you are not willing to spend a lot of money, then travelling on a budget is a great idea. It saves you a great amount of money. Travelling on a budget includes a lot of things and one of them is how to minimize call costs when using your phone while travelling.
Here is how you can minimize call costs while travelling:
- Keeping a track of roaming fees. Contact your service provider before the trip, every service provider has different rates for calls, texts and data and they may vary from country to country.
- Turning off data roaming. This will help save you a lot of money. With the data roaming off, you will still be able to make calls and texts, however, your phone will stop consuming data when you are not actually using it.
- Turning on airplane mode. This can help you save roaming charges. It shuts off data service, phone calls, and text messages but you can still turn on wi-fi and connect to the internet.
- Using a local SIM card. If your phone is unlocked then you can use a local SIM card to enjoy local rates.
- Using an International SIM card. The global SIM cards are cheaper especially if you are a frequent traveller.
- Renting a phone. This is one of the best ways to travel on a budget. You will not even have to get your phone unlocked. You’ll pay a daily or weekly rental fee, the company will deliver the rental phone to you, and you’ll be able to return it by mail at the end of your trip.
If you want to avoid roaming charges while travelling to the USA, then you can follow the below mentioned tips.
- Turn off data roaming.
- Use wi-fi.
- Using your email.
- Get a data bundle.
As mentioned above, it is always beneficial to unlock your phone. Unlocking your phone helps you a great deal while travelling. There are a number of ways to unlock the phone. One of the ways to do it is through an unlocking service. According to reviews, Unlockninja is the best unlocking service. It is safe and secure. You will get the unlock codes via email which you can enter into your phone and it will be unlocked in no time. The network unlock codes have 10 or 15 digits. The SIM card of an incompatible carrier is inserted and it will ask for the PIN code when opened.