Are you a fan of body piercings? Looking for something eye-catching and unique to set yourself apart from the crowd? Well, look no further! Let us introduce you to the mind-blowing world of Frog Eyes Piercings.
This trendy piercing is all the rage right now. It involves getting two separate piercings on the sides of your tongue, creating a cool frog eye effect. Not only will this piercing add a touch of edginess to your style, but it will also show off your individuality and love for body art.
Whether you’re already a piercing pro or someone eager to try something new, Frog Eyes Piercing is an amazing choice for self-expression. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the history behind this fascinating piercing, how it’s done, its aftercare, and some important things to keep in mind. Give yourself a unique and eye-catching look with Frog Eyes Piercings, and be ready to turn heads and make a statement!
Table of Contents
Catch Everyone’s Attention with Frog Eyes Piercings!
Frog Eyes Piercings are like having two piercings on your tongue, but in a cool and symmetrical way. When you stick out your tongue, it looks as if the ends of two barbells are peeking out, just like frog eyes. That’s why it’s called Frog Eyes Piercings! These piercings are usually placed at the front of the tongue and look perfectly balanced.
To achieve this balanced look, a professional piercer will use curved barbells inserted horizontally through your tongue. Don’t worry, they do it at the same time to minimize any discomfort. The jewelry used for Frog Eyes Piercings often has beads that resemble frog eyes, adding a touch of uniqueness to your style.
If you’re ready to make a bold statement and stand out from the crowd, Frog Eyes Piercings are a fantastic choice.
Frog Eyes Piercing vs. Snake Eyes Piercing: Clearing Up the Confusion
The frog eyes tongue piercing is sometimes mistakenly referred to as the snake piercing. However, it is important to note that these two piercings may share similarities, but they are not the same thing. The snake piercing belongs to the same family of double tongue piercings as frog eyes, but it is positioned closer to the tip of the tongue. On the other hand, the frog eyes piercings is placed towards the middle of the tongue.
Furthermore, the snake piercing differs in terms of jewelry. Instead of using two straight barbells like in frog eyes tongue piercing, the snake piercing requires a single curved barbell. Similarly, both piercings give the appearance of snake eyes as the ends of the jewelry protrude above the tongue.
By understanding these distinctions, it becomes clear that frog eyes and snake eyes piercings are not interchangeable. So, when it comes to deciding between them, it’s important to know the difference and choose the style that best suits your preferences.
Step-by-Step Guide to Getting a Frog Eye Piercing
If you’re considering a frog eye piercing, it’s important to understand the procedure and aftercare involved. Here’s a simplified breakdown to guide you through the process.
Booking Your Piercing Appointment
Start by scheduling an appointment at a trusted piercing parlor. This ensures you’ll have a professional to assist you and ensure a safe procedure.
Choosing Your Frog Eye Jewelry
Before the piercing day, take some time to explore the available options for frog eye-piercing jewelry. There are numerous styles to choose from, allowing you to find something that suits your taste.
On a piercing day, you’ll be asked to rinse your mouth with an antibacterial mouthwash at least four to five times. This step is crucial as it helps eliminate any harmful bacteria that could potentially cause an infection.
Marking the Piercing Site
The piercer will carefully mark the exact spot where the piercing will be placed. This ensures precision and alignment with your desired look.
The Piercing Process
Now comes the slightly more challenging part. The piercer will gently secure your tongue with a clamp to maintain stability. Then, using a hollow piercing needle, they will skillfully pierce through the marked area. Simultaneously, they will carefully insert your chosen jewelry into the freshly pierced hole.
Remember, the entire procedure should be performed by a professional piercer who prioritizes your safety and hygiene. Following these steps, you’ll be well on your way to rocking your new frog eye piercing.
Pros and Cons of Frog Eyes Piercins: A Quick Overview
- Fast Healing: Frog eyes tongue piercings tend to heal relatively quickly, usually within six weeks to two months, provided that you follow proper aftercare instructions.
- Stylish and Trendy: The unique and eye-catching appearance of the frog eyes piercing guarantees that you won’t go unnoticed, allowing you to make a fashion statement.
- Conveniently Hidden: While it may not be everyone’s cup of tea, the ability to conceal the piercing by simply closing your mouth or not sticking out your tongue can be advantageous, especially for those who must adhere to professional dress codes.
- Customizable: With a wide array of jewelry options available, you can personalize your frog eyes piercings to reflect your own style preferences.
- Increased Pain: The double piercing involved in frog eyes tongue piercing means you may experience more discomfort than with a single tongue piercing. Be prepared for additional pain during the procedure.
- Difficulty Eating and Speaking: Tongue swelling during the healing process may temporarily impair your speech and make eating certain foods more challenging.
- Potential Damage to Teeth and Gums: Even with proper jewelry sizing, the frog eyes piercings may lead to erosion of your teeth and gums over time.
- Risk of Complications: Inexperienced piercers may accidentally damage nerves, and the muscles of your tongue may become entangled, causing them to move in unison.
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene: Regularly brush your teeth and rinse your mouth with an antiseptic solution after eating or drinking.
- Use a Soft Toothbrush: Opt for a gentle toothbrush to prevent unnecessary irritation to the piercing.
- Avoid Alcohol and Spicy Foods: Refrain from consuming alcohol and spicy foods during the healing process to minimize discomfort and avoid potential complications.
- Preserve Jewelry Intact: Keep the jewelry in place until your piercing has fully healed.
- Rinse with Saltwater: Rinse your mouth every few hours using a saltwater solution to promote healing.
- Postpone Intimate Activities: To avoid complications, hold off on activities such as kissing, oral sex, and intense physical exertion until the piercing has healed.
- Reduce Swelling: Apply ice or sip ice water to reduce tongue swelling during the initial healing stage.
- Clean Hands Before Touching: Prioritize cleanliness by washing your hands before touching your piercing to prevent infection.
When you opt for frog eyes piercings, expect to receive attention and inquiries about your unique adornment. By following our guide and adhering to proper aftercare, you can achieve the best possible outcome and enjoy your stylish new look.
Frog Eyes Piercing is a trendy, eye-catching choice for those looking to stand out with a unique body piercing. With its cool and symmetrical appearance, fast healing time, and customizable options, this piercing is perfect for expressing your individuality and making a bold fashion statement.