Every person wants to have healthy and wrinkle-free skin. And, men aren’t exceptions. In those days, grooming was meant solely for females and considered a sense of shame for masculinity. However, thanks to the growing awareness about self-care, men too have realized and accepted grooming as an essential part of their daily routine, breaking the outdated stereotypes.
In light of this, many procedures that specifically address men’s needs have gained popularity. Among them, Botox treatment has become a widely accepted and the most used one in the men’s skincare regime.
Botox, as you might know, comes with various benefits. These benefits are almost the same for men and women. Though, men’s botox procedures may slightly differ from those of women. Hence it is good to be informed of the things involved before going under the needle.
Table of Contents
First, What Is Botox?
Botox is a cosmetic procedure, that involves injecting various forms of purified protein namely botulinum toxin into targeted areas, or muscles. This procedure will relax the muscles and smooth out the fine line in that area. Generally, Botox is done to treat forehead wrinkles, crow’s feet, glabellar frown lines, gummy lines, dimpled chin, Marionette lines, and chin butt or cleft chin.
When compared with other cosmetic surgeries and other procedures which often require you to be under a knife, and take a long time to recover, botox is a non-surgical procedure that is usually done within a few hours. The results won’t be as effective as other cosmetics surgeries, however, it offers the best solution considering the cost. Additionally, the results could long laster up to 8 months and the treatment can be repeated according to the desired result and wish.
Now What Botox For Men is?
Men and women aren’t physically equal. Men’s facial structure and anatomy differ from that of women. Men will have longer, wider, and more angular faces. The muscles and skin will be thick, and facial features will be more stronger and prominent. For instance, men have a wider lower face, wide nose, a significant inter-orbital distance, a protruding forehead, and many more.
So they will probably require higher doses than women. Additionally, the wrinkles-dominated areas also differ from those of women. Unlike women, men will have wrinkles on the forehead, and upper eyelid muscles, and develop a square face. So the specific areas that need to be targeted also vary between the sexes. It necessitates the proportion, injection, and injection techniques to be tailored to balance the appearance.
Similarly, the desired outcomes may also vary for men. As masculinity is associated with ruggedness, they have to retain a masculine nature to some degree. Hence, botox for men needs careful planning and unique approaches to achieve a balanced and natural look without compromising their facial features.
Perks Of Having Botox Done For Men:
- Reduce Wrinkles: As mentioned earlier, Botox treatment helps men eliminate aging-related wrinkles and achieve natural and healthy-looking skin.
- Retain Facial Features: Botox helps to retain the loss of facial features due to aging and restore the facial structure.
- Balance The Asymmetrical Face: Botox is beneficial for men with asymmetrical facial features like uneven jawline, eyes, etc. Insecurities such as chin butt, swollen jaw, droopy eyes/lips, bulgy nose, etc., can be treated using a botox procedure.
- Speedy Solution & Recovery Rate: Unlike invasive and surgical procedures, Botox needs only a few minutes to get it done. The recovery time is also shorter than the other procedures. Isn’t it convenient for you?
- Controls Oils Production And Acne: Botox is reported to regulate oil production and thereby the acne and breakouts in men.
- Relaxes The Muscles From Teeth Grinding: Many men have teeth grinding and jaw clenching habits that tense the related facial muscles. Botox will relax those muscles involved in those habits and offer relief from headaches, dental issues, migraines, etc., resulting from them.
- Boost Confidence: The enhanced appearance results in elevated confidence and self-esteem. It, indeed, improves the quality of life.
The Things To Remember:
- Although Botox is a safe procedure, it may still have mild symptoms such as irritation, swelling, redness, cold, headache, and itching. But fear not! They are not permanent and only last from 24 hours to two days.
- Once you are done with the treatment, you are recommended not to have face massage, sauna bath, hot tubs, or face exercise for at least 2 – 3 days. Because the toxins will take 2-3 days to start working. Your surgeon will carefully give you the instructions to follow for better results.
- Consider double-checking the surgeon’s credibility to avoid any potential side effects. You can trust websites that are built for you to find the best services possible in your city.
- If you are planning to attend any party or function, it is advised to have it done before 3 weeks at least, as it will take up to 3 weeks for you to notice the visible results.
Just keep these things in mind. It will make you a confident individual regardless of your gender!