It is not only women that love fashion and complies with various fashion trends. Men are also fashionable and are not left behind when it comes to looking good. Some men love contemporary fashion styles, while some love old styles. There are several 70s fashion men styles to choose from. For those who love old fashion styles, here are some 70s fashion men’s styles for you.
Table of Contents
Himbo 70s Style
This style was popular in the 70s for its mysterious and unique ensemble. The Himbo combination includes flared pants, small shorts, button-down shirts, box chains, and so on. This dressing style is made for 70s fashion men who want to look macho and masculine. Furthermore, men nowadays clamor for the 70s himbo styles.
People’s Reaction To 70s Himbo Fashion
A social media influencer said that wearing 70s himbo clothes made him feel better and liberated. According to him, it’s better than counseling because he could dress in the himbo style and breathe in the fresh air.
Who Is The Himbo Style For?
This fashion trend is mostly for Gen Z men and young boys. These sets of men are attracted to the himbo aesthetic. Lots of fashion lovers praise the style for its inclusivity and simplicity.
To get that 70s himbo look, you need to know how to combine each outfit. If you want, you can tone it up with bright colors or down with neutral or dull colors. But no matter which color tone you use, you will still achieve that masculine himbo look.
Additionally, you can wear flared trousers with a simple white tank or Levi jeans with a button-down shirt with patterns. Even if you want to rebrand your image entirely in any season, himbo fashion is ideal for you. Likewise, if you simply want to change your wardrobe, you can find many himbo clothes for yourself.
The 1970’s Himbo Styling Tips
- Find button-down shirts: Find a button-down shirt for starters. If you can’t find one, look for bowling shirts that suit your fashion sense. To look more accurate, search for two or more shirts that have pointed collars. Or you can make do with a retro-printed button-down shirt. If you combine any of these shirts with flared pants, you’ll look like a himbo-dressed man in the 70s.
- Pair the shirt mentioned above with corduroy pants: It is normal to wear Corduroy pants in the fall. Most men pair them with button-down printed shirts. Such a combination brings warmth and texture to the wearer. Online shoppers sent a feedback that button-down shirts are the right fit for them. To get one that fits you, buy a shirt that is a size larger than your normal size. Then wear it over any long sleeve shirt of your choice.
- Finish the look with jean jackets: Finish your himbo look with a jean jacket. Jean jackets are ideal for all seasons. The jacket may be designed like an Abercrombie jacket, or have a slightly washed look. You can get such a jacket for a cheaper price during the sales period.
70s fashion men’s style is not complete without personality pants. Examples of personality pants are bell bottoms that flatter the calves, loose dark wash pants, flared pants, and so on. If you’re interested, you can get these jeans or pants at a discount rate whenever a sale is going on.
Trendy Drawstring Jeans
Loose jeans are trending right now, especially for those that dislike flared pants. Drawstring pants are comfortable and flatter the wearer. Additionally, the wearer has more room to move his legs in these pants. What’s more, drawstrings were popular 70s trendy outfits.
Footwear To Match The 70s Clothing Style
What kind of footwear can you wear to complement your 0s-style look? Your shoes can make your look complete and enhance your fashion sense.
- Elevator shoes: For a smooth look, pair your flared pants with Fever elevator shoes.
- Chelsea boot: For a casual look, combine Chelsea boots with your personality pants and get your groove on. Chelsea boots are leather shoes that look like cowboy boots. They are comfortable because their heels have sturdy loops to easily remove the shoes. They also have embroidery that is put on the shoes in an understated way. In addition, you can wear Chelsea boots with flared pants too.
- Nike Blazer shoes: Nike blazer shoes are perfect for a dress-down, casual look for a day out with friends. The shoes were made as basketball sneakers in 1973. Ever since then, sporty men have been spotted wearing Nike Blazers. If you are going for a casual look, pair them with personality trousers. Furthermore, you can wear them to a day out at the beach, play with friends, and so on.
There are other clothing accessories that go with your 70s-style look. An example is the use of sunglasses.
Do you know that using suitable sunglasses can make you look more stylish while protecting you from the sun simultaneously? Try tinted or aviator sunglasses with your vintage 70s look.
In summary, 70s fashion men styles are not as old-fashioned as many claimed them to be. You can wear vintage cloth and still have a modern edge to them. Just know how to properly accessorize 70s clothing style with the right outfits, shoes, and jackets. You can even go for a formal or casual look depending on the occasion and be recognized as a fashion icon.